Laura Hartung MA, RD LDN, is a Registered Dietitian, Licensed Nutritionist, Certified Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor, Corporate Wellness Educator, Entrepreneur and World Traveler.
With a Master’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics, Laura has worked in a variety of settings including academic, clinical, corporate and wellness. In these positions she educated and inspired others to practice healthier habits via their minds, muscles and mouths!
Laura’s been traveling the globe to experience first-hand the teachings of Dan Buettner. He has written numerous books about the Blue Zones, including Blue Zones: Lessons for Living Longer From the People Who’ve Lived the Longest (National Geographic Books).
With the goal of experiencing the secrets to living a longer and healthier life, Laura set off on her own tour of the Blue Zones. Her goal: to study the diets and lifestyles of the elderly who live to well beyond 100 in these particular locations. Once she’s experienced the secrets of these inspiring people, she wants to share her findings with as many as she can – to help improve (and extend) all of our lives.
In March of 2018, Laura visited Loma Linda, California and spent time with centenarians, Benita and Bill, learning first-hand how they are living to the ripe old age of 100 and beyond.
After flying overseas to Okinawa, Japan this past September, she got to interact with 90 year olds who are well on their way to a healthy 100!
Laura is planning her journey to the Ikaria, Greece this coming September 2019, followed by Sardinia Italy, and finally the Nicoya Peninsula of Costa Rica!
Check out Laura’s travel pics from previous trips to Bali, Canada, Greece, Hawaii, Italy and more click here.
Please click here if you want more information on the Ikaria, Greece cooking trip. You are invited!
- The University of Akron – Master’s Degree, Dietetics and Nutrition
- Registered Dietitian – The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
- Food and Culinary Professionals Dietetic Practice Group
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Licensed Nutritionist – State of Massachusetts
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) – Certified Personal Trainer
- AFAA Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- Les Mills, Licensed BODY PUMP Instructor
- SPINNING Instructor – Mad Dog Athletics
- PaddleFit SUP Certified Instructor
- American Heart Association CPR/AED
Laura’s Health, Fitness and Nutrition Advice, Delivered to Your Inbox