Laura has been a registered dietitian for over 25 years and is passionate about spreading the good word of health to the Boston, Metro West and New England areas. She is heavily involved in the corporate world, educating individuals of all backgrounds. Laura conducts interactive cooking/exercise demonstrations and presents the latest research on how to eat to beat disease.
Laura has recently counseled at Life is Good in Boston via Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, lead cooking demos at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute and headed employee exercise classes at Jordan’s Furniture sites in three states! Laura rounded off the year conducting a healthy holiday appetizers cooking class at Sheply Bulfinch and nutrition seminars at Boston Financial Data Services.
Laura loves to travel! She has visited both Greece and Italy, diving into their food culture while attending cooking workshops with other dietitians. She headed to Bali, Indonesia December 2015, for two weeks. Attending cooking classes, visiting organic farms and practicing yoga were among the few of her scheduled activities!
Having nutrition interns from Boston University, Simmons and other schools, brought joy and much needed assistance to Laura for the past 13 years. She loves sharing and learning with the students!
Physical fitness is also one of her passions. Laura has been in the field almost 30 years. She ran track and threw the javelin in college. Today, she is an AFAA certified group fitness instructor, ACSM certified personal trainer and certified Les Mills Body Pump instructor.
Laura has been on both tv and radio sharing her love of food and wellness. She’d love to visit your company to encourage and inspire healthy behaviors!
- The University of Akron – Master’s Degree, Dietetics and Nutrition
- Registered Dietitian – American Dietetic Association
- Licensed Nutritionist – State of Massachusetts
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) – Certified Personal Trainer
- AFAA Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- Fitness Resource Associates (FRA) Personal Trainer
- Certified R.I.P.P.E.D Instructor
- Les Mills, Licensed BODY PUMP Instructor
- Reebok, Core Training
- American Heart Association CPR/AED